Recipe: BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
Fall is in full swing which excites me because that means my crockpot takes up permanent residence on the kitchen counter! Here is a soup recipe the whole family will enjoy. Recipe is an adaptation from pickypalate.com
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 1½-2# chicken breast cooked and shredded (or use a deli rotisserie chicken)
- 1½ cups organic chicken broth
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce (I prefer Wildtree Organic brand to avoid HFCS & other additives)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, corn and chicken breast; mix to combine. Add to crockpot.
- Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper. Turn crockpot setting to low for 2-3 hours. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with organic tortilla chips and avocado. Makes 4-6 servings.