Recipe: Protein Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
Check this yummy treat out!
- 1 15 ounce can great northern beans (drained & rinsed)
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 & ½ cups oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup raisin bran cereal
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the beans, pumpkin, syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt and blend until very smooth. Add the four and pulse to combine. Add the oats and pulse to combine. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cereal and chocolate chips and stir to combine. If the mixture seems spreadable, you’re good. If it’s too dry, add ¼ cup of water. If it’s too runny, add an additional ¼ cup of flour.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan. Spread the mixture in the pan. Have a small cup of water nearby and dip your spatula in the water to make it easier to spread the mixture in the pan, or pat it out with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Let cool and then cut into 1-2” squares. Remove from the pan, wrap individually in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator. Makes 30 bars.